- “Replacing the Spanish PAYG Pension System for a Worker’s Backpack” (with João Brogueira de Sousa and Julián Díaz-Saavedra), EsadeEcPol Brief #30, September 2022.
- El Eurogrupo ha roto el hielo, pero quedan piezas por derretir (with Giancarlo Corsetti and Aitor Erce) EL PAÍS (in Spanish) IL FOGLIO (in Italian) (13/05/2020)
- Repair and reconstruct: A Recovery Initiative (with Agnès Bénassy-Quéré, Philippe Martin, Jean Pisani-Ferry, Lucrezia Reichlin, Dirk Schoenmaker, Beatrice Weder di Mauro) VoxEU (20/04/2020) EL PAÍS (in Spanish 23/04/2020)
- The ESM can finance the COVID fight now (with Aitor Erce and Antonio García Pascual) VoxEU (06/04/2020) (Agenda Pública in Spanish)
- COVID-19 economic crisis: Europe needs more than one instrument (with Agnès Bénassy-Quéré, Giancarlo Corsetti, Antonio Fatás, Gabriel Felbermayr, Marcel Fratzscher, Clemens Fuest, Francesco Giavazzi, Philippe Martin, Jean Pisani-Ferry, Lucrezia Reichlin, Hélène Rey, Moritz Schularick, Jens Südekum, Pedro Teles, Nicolas Véron, Beatrice Weder di Mauro) VoxEU (06/04/2020)
- Italia y la respuesta europea al COVID-19 Agenda Pública (15/03/2020 in Spanish)
- A proposal for a Covid Credit Line (with Agnès Bénassy-Quéré, Arnoud Boot, Antonio Fatás, Marcel Fratzscher, Clemens Fuest, Francesco Giavazzi, Philippe Martin, Jean Pisani-Ferry, Lucrezia Reichlin, Dirk Schoenmaker, Pedro Teles, Beatrice Weder di Mauro) VoxEU (12/03/2020) (Agenda Pública in Spanish)
OTHER articles (see also Newspaper articles):
- The EMU after the euro crisis: Insights from a new eBook – Findings and proposals from the Horizon 2020 ADEMU project (with Thomas Cooley) VoxEU (01/05/2018)
- The inconsistent Europe 2020 and research strategy, VoxEU (12/03/2012)
- On the Simplification of Community Funding for Research: Some Basic Principles, (slides) Brussels, 24 February 2010.
- Shifting from Academic ‘Brain Drain’ to ‘Brain Gain’ in Europe (with M. Lietaert and M. Grigolo) European Political Science 9, 42, 118–130, 2010.
- Towards the ‘Fifth Freedom’: Increasing the Mobility of Researchers in the European Union (with M. Lietaert and M. Grigolo) Higher Education in Europe 34, 1, 25–37, 2009.
- An Open, Integrated, and Competitive European Research Area Requires Policy and Institutional Reforms, and Better Governance and Coordination of S&T Policies (with Maria de Graça Carvalho) in Knowledge for Growth Prospects for science, technology and innovation: Selected papers from Research Commissioner Janez Potocnik’s Expert Group. European Commission, 2009.
- Governance and Coordination of S&T Policies in the European Research Area (with Maria de Graça Carvalho) report of the Expert Group “Knowledge for Growth,” June, 2008, available at http://ec.europa.eu/invest–in–research/monitoring/knowledge_en.htm
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of the New Instruments of Framework Programme VI (Chairman). For the European Commission. July, 2004.